Undergraduate Elementary Teacher Education Program
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction is dedicated to preparing students to excel as elementary teachers. Students who complete this program will earn a bachelors degree and be licensed as a K-8 teacher by the State of Nevada. Students who already have a degree and want to become an elementary teacher need to take course work through the teacher licensure program.
Note: Some of the following are PDF files that require Acrobat Reader installed in order to be viewable.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Elementary Education
The requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Education degree is identical to the requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Education degree with the exception that for the B.A. students must successfully complete two courses in the same foreign language.
- Department of C&I 2008-2010 Undergradutate Catalog
- Advising Center: Information regarding all undergraduate licensure programs.
- Program of Study Advising Sheet
- Office of Field Experiences: Information about practicum, pre-student teaching, and student teaching.
- Nevada School Law, Nevada Consitution, U.S. Constitution Information
- Nevada School Law, Nevada Consitution, U.S. Constitution Teacher Licensure Information
Specialized Experiences Within the Elementary Program:
- The Paradise Professional Development School Program
- International Student Teaching
- Inclusion Partnership